Monday, December 6, 2010

Black Velvet Band - The Dropkick Murphys


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com
 The Dropkick Murphys are an Irish punk band, formed in Quincy, Massachusetts. They are world famous and gained their reputation through constant touring. In Boston they are known for their St. Patrick's Day weekend concerts. The Dropkick Murphys sing about things like sports and politics, making them very relatable to their fan base. The band identifies themselves as all democrats and are anti-Bush. They appeared on Rock Against Bush vol. 2 with the song We Got the Power. To learn more about the band visit the official website.
Once more, I found this song through a friend. I've only had the chance to listen to four of their songs, so I'm still terribly unfamiliar with their music, but I can't wait to hear more! The Dropkick Murphys are a high energy band and very upbeat in a rather mischievous way. They are quite different from I usually put in my ears, so if you're looking for a change of pace have a peek at their music and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment