Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trade Winds, White Heat - Tim Hecker

Now, this isn't quite the conventional Baron Boombox post, so I'll warn you ahead of time.

I'm a big fan of WNYC's RadioLab, a show kind of like This American Life (if you've heard of it), hosted by Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich that, within each season, focuses on topics of philosophical and scientific nature for an hour through stories, interviews, and thought experiments. The show approachs big, broad topics such as "time", "mortality", and "choice" in an easily accessible, light-hearted manner. Wait a second, though. If that sounds terribly boring, then give me a chance to sell it to you. It's a radio show, not some class lecture.

It's art.

Check out their first go at making film clips. I liked the song in the background so much that I went and bought it after watching this. It's a wonderfully ambient audio mix by Tim Hecker that I personally could either totally relax or fall asleep to (or both, if that suits you).

No comments:

Post a Comment