Monday, August 4, 2008

Jacky Terrasson - Just a Blues



Jacky Terrasson's feathery keyboard touch is coupled with power and passion, a complete understanding of the blues and improvisation, and his own gift as an arranger, putting  his own personal stamp on well known tunes. He's been one of the jazz world's most talked about piano player/composers since he captured everyone's attention when he won the Thelonious Monk Competition in 1993.
By the mid-90s, pianist Jacky Terrasson was being hailed as one of the bright young lions on the traditional jazz scene. His self-titled 1995 debut for Blue Note Records drew high praise from all corners of the jazz world.

Note: When I can't get it on seeqpod, I'll use imeem, uploading music myself if I have to like this one.

1 comment:

  1. You know, that looks nice on the black background. Maybe I'll start using imeem more often.

    ReplyDelete