Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fated Person- Fujita Maiko



MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

As you may have noticed, the lyrics you are listening to are not in English, but rather Japanese. Both languages are in the video above. 'Unmei no Hito' translated to'Fated Person' above, is by Fujita Maiko. She is about 25 years of age, having made her debut in 2004 with 'Koi ni Ochite' or 'Fall in Love.' To date, she has three albums out.
This song was delivered to me via the clever algorithms of Youtube, yet again. It was set as background music to a slideshow of pictures for a couple from a fictional series. Bored, and with nothing better to do, I clicked it, not expecting much. The slideshow was typical and unimpressive, however, the song caught me like the net I use against my fish when I have to clean their tank. I proceeded to minimize that horrid slideshow and play the song again and again, until I couldn't stand hearing it anymore.
The instrumentals are soft and merely compliment Fujita Maiko's pure voice. Using her vocals as a driving force, she manages to create a very compelling sound and draw the listener in. Upon examining the lyrics, especially for those who have a basic knowledge of the Japanese language, we find the lines cleverly and concisely put together. However, upon reading translation lyrics, this does not come across as strongly. The second most prominent instrument is the piano behind her voice. Simple and steady, it allows her vocal freedom and keeps a delicate emotional balance for the ears.
If this song was as appealing to you as it was to me, I recommend a follow up with Fujita's 'Kimi ga Yobu no Nara,' 'Tomadoi,' and 'Futari no Kare.'

No comments:

Post a Comment