Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1000 ft Krutch- Phenomenon


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com

Thousand Foot Krutch is a Canadian Christian rock band formed in 1997 and was an evolution of Oddball. They have been quite prolific, putting out seven albums. Their band name was chosen when they decided to base their music on their religious beliefs. Thousand Foot Krutch's newest album was released in 2009 and titled Welcome to the Masquerade. The idea for the album came from a public domain poem written in 1966, particularly the lines "Don't be fooled by the face I wear, for I wear a mask." The album was meant to reach beneath their listener's surfaces and into their hearts with strong, echoing chords and soft acoustic pieces as well.
'Phenomenon' was another YouTube discovery of mine as I surfed countless poorly made AMVs. The song was the title of their 2003-2004 album. Phenomenon was one of the all-time best selling albums of Tooth and Nail Records. Gavin Brown, who has also worked with Three Days Grace, helped produce 'Everyone Like Me,' which was also on Phenomenon. 'Phenomenon' in particular, was incredibly catchy and lifted my spirits. The lyrics cover topics that couldn't be farther from my own experience, but that was exactly what drew me into the song. It was a place I wanted to be; I could easily go their by popping in my headphones. If you like this song, I would highly recommend 'Fire it Up' as the next song on your playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment