Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mona Lisa - The All-American Rejects

I haven't heard much of The All-American Rejects since Move Along and Dirty Little Secret.  To be honest I never was that into them.  But I'm a sucker for cute acoustic songs i.e. Hey There Delilah.  And I guess it was just a matter of time before AAR released a generic, folky, love song.

Mona Lisa is a über-friendly pop-acoustic song with chill, nonchalant lyrics sure to make thirteen year old girls swoon.  I was surprised to hear lead singer Tyson Ritter take such risky vocal choices.  Personally, I like it when lead singers don't have perfect, processed voices.  Ritter's falsetto quirks with the song's obvious country influenced harmonies prove to not only be original but effective.  Probably my new favorite All-American Rejects song.

No comments:

Post a Comment